Human Body Detectives are human body book and elementary curriculum series created to educates kids to understand how their bodies work and what best foods fuel their bodies. Once kids understand how food is important for them to run faster, hit the ball harder and do better on tests, they are more apt to make healthy food choices.
Why is HBD Important?
- Kids do not understand the how their bodies work reflects on what they eat
- Kids do not eat enough whole real foods
- Kids are over weight
- Kids are not exercising enough
- Many kids are chronically sick with asthma, diabetes, arthritis, eczema and much more
- Allows kids to be proactive and confident in their own health
- Encourages even picky eaters to try new whole foods
- Less time in a doctors office
- Less sick days
- Less food fights at the supper table
All of the above will help improve overall health including mental clarity, better grades, better sleep, and happier kids.
Makes being a parent much easier with less food fights and less time taking off work to care for sick children.
Kids are alert and focused in the classroom making it a peaceful time for teachers to teach and kids to learn.
A little bit more about Dr. Heather:
Dr. Heather Manley, who in 2001 received her medical degree from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon, is a practicing physician whose primary interest is preventative healthcare for families. She is the author of the award winning Human Body Detectives, her children’s elementary educational series of story-telling books, curriculum, eBooks, and iPhone/iPad apps. She also promotes wellness and naturopathic healthcare on her website DrHeatherND.com. She lives on the Big Island of Hawaii with her husband and two daughters, and is currently at work on the next human body adventure for kids.
Follow Dr. Manley on twitter and facebook and on her HBD blog
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Children’s Books
Rating – G